Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Naturally Nutritious Breakfast

When I want to forego the usual smoothie breakfast, and I'm just not feeling like whipping up anything elaborate in the morning, this is what I eat:














what's not to love about a cereal whose ingredents are listed as: organic whole cracked wheat, organic steel cut oats, organic whole rye grits, organic whole barley grits, organic flax seed? Normally, I'm inclined to cook it on the stove with a pinch of sea salt and a teaspoon of Smart Balance with a serving of fresh fruit on the side. Today, however, I thought I'd veganize their serving suggestion and added a couple splashes of almond milk, about a teaspoon of agave nectar and some thawed frozen berries: I loved it this way! Next time, however, I'll switch out the frozen berries (they are just a little too tart) for some fresh ones and leave these for my smoothies, but other than that it was a most excellent way to start the day!

No comments: