Friday, September 21, 2007

O(mega) Yeah!

Two things I can't seem to get enough of lately:Big salad of arugula, roasted portobellos, walnuts, avocado, and Becoming Vegan's Liquid Gold Dressing (jump to that recipe now, promise you'll thank me for it!). Seriously, this dressing is not only positively drinkable but, with just two tablespoons, gives you all your omega's and b vitamins for the day!

andLifestream's Hemp Plus or Omega Flax waffles with fresh fruit (this morning it was Flax with peaches!), walnuts, and organic maple syrup.

Easy foods that never disappoint AND are good for you!

9 comments:

Judy said...

As a budding Holistic Nutritionist, I am impressed by your dressing's credentials (omegas and b vitamins?! yay!). As a food lover, I can't wait to try it!

Anonymous said...

as soon as i found some of that oil i will be trying it!
have a great weekend!

theONLYtania said...

The salad looks good, I need some avocado in my life. I'll take a look at the dressing too.. you make it sound good heh.

I almost bought those waffles the other day but I didn't, I should.. I don't have a waffle maker.

Peggy said...

I've raved about Liquid Gold so many times that I must sound like a broken record! I'd eat anything if it has that dressing on it- grass, rocks, twigs, whatever.

Your salad looks great, though! Much better than grass..

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

mmm, that salad and the waffles look positively scrumptious - I LOVE avocados, so I was sold on the salad even before reading about the omegas and b vitamins in the dish!! and I've seen those waffles at Whole Foods, but never thought to try them... I may do so now! thanks for these quick, delicious meal ideas!! :0)

Doodleyboo said...

I love avocados like nothing else! I will have to try your salad and the dressing. I have "Becoming Vegan", but I can't stand the taste of flax seed oil. I'd rather eat Brussels sprouts. You promise this dressing is good?

Anonymous said...

Those both look lovely. I love the waffles especially.

SaraJane said...

holy crap do those waffles look good!

Anonymous said...

The salad looks great. I cannot seem to get enough of those. I'm making a special trip to the store today to purchase red onions and a few other things that I need for a raw sandwich wrap. :-)